Sunday, June 29, 2014

She's here at last!

Eleven days past her due date, baby Hinjee has finally graced us with her presence.  Her nickname comes from Thor who had all sorts of things he wanted to call the baby, but our favorite was Hinjee Spinjee.  I have no idea where he came up with it, but so she will be called, in this forum anyway.


I was really hoping not to have to be induced with her.  I figured since Thor came on his own any other babies that followed would follow suit.  At my last appointment however after her due date came and went I was disheartened as I found out I was still only dilated to a 2.  So I scheduled my induction for Friday June 20th.  The hospital called me the night before to tell me that they were very busy and might not get me in until late afternoon.  UGH!  But the next morning they called at 8:30 and informed me that I could head on over.


We arrived at the hospital at 9:30 am.  I was so excited to finally be having this baby, but nervous at the same time.  I'm not a huge fan of pain.  We started the Pitocin around 11 or 11:30 and then we waited.  The contractions started almost immediately, they were pretty mild.  After a few hours the midwife on call came to check me and........nothing...no progress at all.  They kept increasing my Pitocin and said they would be back to break my water around 4pm.  Well a few minutes before 4:00 my water decided to break on its own.  It was then that things started to get really intense.  I lasted 45 minutes of excruciating contractions.  At about 4:45 my nurse came in and I asked her to check me.  To my dismay I was only dilated to a 4.  At that point I demanded an epidural I could take no more.  She called for the anesthesiologist and told me it would be about 15 minutes before he would get there.  When he came into the room, I don't know what it was but, right off the bat I didn't like him.  Iron Man told me later that he seemed really disorganized and like he didn't know what he was doing.  "Um....nurse....did you see where I put that syringe."  He gave me a local anesthetic and then tried to place the catheter. He couldn't do it.  He tried at least four different times and was unable to get it in.  At that point I really felt like she was coming and I needed to push.  My nurse told the anesthesiologist that she needed to check me.  He kept trying to get the epidural in.  Luckily my nurse was persistent and got him to let me lie down.  As soon as I did, they discovered I was complete and called in the squad.  After about 10 minutes (maybe less) of pushing, little Hinjee was born.  Another great delivery!  I feel so blessed that he didn't get the epidural placed. The key was sitting upright.  I think if I would have done it to begin with she would have been born a lot sooner.


Here is our beautiful girl.  Born June 20th at 17:17 pm.  7 pounds 19 inches.  Welcome little one!














No comments:

Post a Comment